Kirk new guitar at Louder Than Life?

Updated
Kirk new guitar at Louder Than Life?

Hi!

Looks like a new guitar? 
Played on Memory Remains

alebtart

Seems like it, saw KirzHammett post about it on Twitter. Appears to be a black lagoon inspires guitar but hard to tell from photos. 

ESP 348

A friend sent me a really clear shot of this guitar. Looks great, love the colours on it.  

Lluis  A.

Come on! Shere this photo!

ESP 348

Sorry man, here ya go.  

alebtart

Goddamn that's beautiful..

dubster82

alebtart

Kirk's Instagram 

ESP 348

Cheers mate, it's pretty cool.  

Pushead

I don't think I'm digging it. Feels more like a guitar made for the Fear Fest tour of his movie memorabilia than a guitar he designed to play on tour. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's a really great guitar, but it seems more like the yellow Wolverine guitar than something like the Mummy. Even the Dracula guitars aren't played that often anymore.

ESP 348

I mentioned this to a mate the other day Pus, I think he will use it sparingly at this years Festivals and "pop up" shows they are doing through to the end of 2021 and I reckon we won't see it ever again. 

He also used that gold RR guitar a few weeks ago also for the first time live on stage.

He might be weening himself off the ESP guitars to make room for some Gibson Signature models to play live on stage that might be coming in 2022. 

He is definitely selling off all his old ESP guitars like the black and white Ouijas, Dracula and Bride guitars and there is plenty more for sale if you have the cash to buy one. 

alebtart
ESP 348 wrote:

I mentioned this to a mate the other day Pus, I think he will use it sparingly at this years Festivals and "pop up" shows they are doing through to the end of 2021 and I reckon we won't see it ever again. 

He also used that gold RR guitar a few weeks ago also for the first time live on stage.

He might be weening himself off the ESP guitars to make room for some Gibson Signature models to play live on stage that might be coming in 2022. 

He is definitely selling off all his old ESP guitars like the black and white Ouijas, Dracula and Bride guitars and there is plenty more for sale if you have the cash to buy one. 

Oh for real? Wouldn't have thought he'd actually be auctioning them off. Any link to this?

ESP 348
alebtart wrote:

Oh for real? Wouldn't have thought he'd actually be auctioning them off. Any link to this?

No auctions mate, all private sales and trades.  

Kirk is collecting vintage guitars these days, I assume he's just making room by getting rid of the old stuff (some with HUGE history) to make room for the new vintage stuff. 

One would think a man with that much money would just keep them in all in storage etc, but what do I know lol.

I also thought at the time that Kirk is nearing 60, he is 'growing up' and going away from the monster style guitars and getting all this vintage stuff and then he surprises us with this new monster guitar last week lol. Again, what do I know?  

Pushead
ESP 348 wrote:

I also thought at the time that Kirk is nearing 60, he is 'growing up' and going away from the monster style guitars and getting all this vintage stuff and then he surprises us with this new monster guitar last week lol. Again, what do I know?  

I doubt the Gibsons or other vintage guitars will replace ESP guitars completely. There are still things that his ESP guitars do that the others won't. While we may see "The Hammett Collection" guitars eventually on stage, I think they're really there to work within Kirk's "brand" rather than within Metallica, if that makes sense.

ESP 348
Pushead wrote:

I doubt the Gibsons or other vintage guitars will replace ESP guitars completely. There are still things that his ESP guitars do that the others won't. While we may see "The Hammett Collection" guitars eventually on stage, I think they're really there to work within Kirk's "brand" rather than within Metallica, if that makes sense.

Hey Pus, yeah, he definitely won't stop using ESP guitars as Gibson don't even come close to anything that would replace the KH2 model.  

He is collecting vintage guitars now, for his personal collection. So I think he is selling the old ESP guitars (which he doesn't play anymore) to make room for the vintage stuff at home. 

He will still be using his current ESPs on stage, along with his Gibson guitars and whatever else he wants to play.

I was more talking about collecting his vintage guitars for at home.  

Post to Thread