ESP kh-2 help

Updated
Håkon

Hello!

i currently own an ESP kh-2 Bolt on. i had ESP run the serial number and it shows that its made in the late 90s-early 2000s. 

the guitar is in reasonable great shape with only 2 small marks on it. i have been looking to sell for a long time, but it seems like there are no marked for this guitar in my country (Norway). is there even an international marked? i could not find any for sale on ebay or musicians friend. i also understand that the kh-2 bolt on series is discontinued. does anybody now how many were made? when i bought the guitar ESP claimed there were only 100 models made of this guitar. i still love the guitar and it is really awesome but i have to sell it because it really deserve for someone to use it.

if anybody could help me with some additional info of the Kh-2 series i will appreciate it.

Håkon

with further investigation i found that there is a lot more than 100 made. i was probably thinking about the SE model. 

Håkon

i see most of the models on reverb goes for about 2900 dollars. i Have no COA since the last owner has lost it, but i have checked the serial number and it seems legit. What would be a reasonable selling price?

ESP 348

Hello Hakon.

These are not rare guitars by any means, plenty of these have been made since the early 90s right through to 2021.

They also still make bolt on versions also. I recently saw a brand new bolt on KH2 for sale, the COA was dated late 2020 though and it sold very quickly for US $3600 or so.

There is definitely an international market for these guitars, people buy, sell and trade these daily all around the world.

The prices for these guitars range from US $800 for a trashed KH2 bolt on right up to US $2500 for a mint condition one with COA and OHC.

If you post some pics, we can try and give you a ballpark value of this guitar.

Hope this helps man.

Håkon

here is the guitar with the serial number. the guitar is in good condition, besides two small marks on it. also it has no COA. still there is no worries about it being fake as i have talked with ESP and they have confirmed the serial number. im also selling it including a Randall kh120 stack and an KH cry baby. maybe that will bumb the price up a bit.

ESP 348

Thanks for the pics man, it's definitely the real deal. That was never going to be an issue.

I think you are better off trying to sell the guitar by itself, and try to sell the amp and pedal in separate listings. Not everyone who wants to buy this guitar will want to pay for the amp and then try having it shipped around the world lol.

Sell the guitar by itself and these are not the best pics you have posted up, but looking at them I would list this guitar for US $2200 mate. Only because you don't have the COA or original hardcase with it.

I think that's a very solid price if you can get it for a used KH2 in great condition with two small marks which I can't see and without the COA or original hardcase.

Andrew. L

I sold my old kh2 to someone in Norway.  Did you buy it from a guy in Canada 10+ years ago?

Larry M.

The ESP KH 2 Bolt On rarity adds an exciting element to its resale potential. While traditional marketplaces may not yield results tapping into collector networks or leveraging social media platforms could uncover interested buyers seeking such a unique piece.
Real Estate Services in Los Angeles CA

Post to Thread