Custom shop Robocop Custom Mirage/ Date unknown?

Updated
Jason B.

Hi, I'm posting some photo's on my profile page of my robocop custom mirage I bought back in the early 90's.  I don't know really anything about the guitar.  I just know at the time I've always wanted an ESP guitar after seeing them in a Happy Trails, pipe and bong shop in Phoenix Az in the 80's.  Leap ahead to early 90's. I was in a Music Store in Steubenville, Ohio and seen this on the wall. I'm not a fan of robocop, but none the less still a bad a** Esp guitar to me, plus I was young and wanted to establish my credit, some almost 30yrs later it's still with me.  It has a neck through body with EMG's.  I can't find a serial # unless it's under the pickups which I've never removed.  But nothing on the headstock.  If anyone from ESP can shed some info on this? That would be awesome!  Thanks

Pushead

This is awesome. Based on the headstock design, this was made in 1990 or before. Since the movie came out in 87, it may be that old. The model "The Mirage Custom" was a production model at that time, though I'm used to those having two single coils with the humbucker. "Custom" in those days meant 24 frets and neck through, not necessarily "Custom Shop," but I don't know a ton about their production in those days. Maybe everything was made the same and a few just had special order items added.

I looked online through catalogs from 87-92 to see if it appeared in any of them, but no such luck.

Bill o.

Hi Jason. Hopefully you will see this response. There were three Robocop Mirage customs. They were made mid 1988. I had the 1st, but was sold off early 90's (huge mistake). The serial number was inside the last fret. After mine was sold, it wound up into a 3rd persons hands. The person I sold it too sanded out the serial number. Not sure why, since mine was legitimately bought directly from ESP on 19th street (pre 48th st) in NYC. Mine also had a set of Ultrasonic pickups. If needed, I can give you the serial number as well. Hope this info helped. BTW the attached was taken late 1980's.

Jason B.

Thanks, I appreciate the info!   Yeah, I'm wondering if anyone from ESP is still around from back then visits the forum, that might be able to provide some info?  A friend of mine who worked at C.A. House music in my area, reached out to them sometime back in the late 90's and was told it was the only one made.  But, I thought it would be cool to share it with everyone and ESP fans like myself.

Post to Thread