Edwards thread

Updated
Foresthead
As most threads are dedicated to ESP STD, LTD or Custom, I though I'd make a dedicated Edwards thread. Post pics and specs about your favorite Edwards, and like how long you've had them, etc. Of course, if you're simply GAS'ing for an Edwards, post it anyways=)
Micky V.

I have been playing a nice Edwards LP125 SD with Seymour Duncan SH4 in the bridge and APh1 in the neck position. I must say It is a  very good sounding guitar, and comfortable as well. I think I still prefer the modern shapes and feel of ESP Eclipse, but It is an absolutely good alternative to a Les Paul Standard at a much lower price.

The finishes are very good, and It has some "magic" when playing certain chords or bends with full distortion. The only thing I miss regarding aesthetics is a more beautiful truss rod cover.

Since I am a huge Slash fan and this guitar was loaded with SD pickups, I did an attempt to get close to Slash' tone with it (and also with the help of my Eleven Rack). You can see the results here.

Dave M.

Thanks for posting this thread. I’m just getting to know these guitars. I bought a tobacco burst elp 125 and waiting for it’s arrival. Also looking at one listed locally for $650 that has a label on the back of the neck: “produced by navigator”. I’m wondering if that guitar is a bargain grab for the quality. ??  Any tips?

Phillip M.

Nice post

Dominic D.

I have a Edwards EX-125 explorer waiting for me when I get him. Can't wait to check it out

Post to Thread