New Neck Pickup For EC-1K Ideas

Updated
New Neck Pickup For EC-1K Ideas
Right, im gonna get a new pickup for my EC-1000 that has my BKP Painkiller in it. Im looking at several ideas for it rignt now, on whitch id like opinions on what i could put in it. It currently has a Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck for refrence, and i want a good all round neck pickup, like a EMG 60 in a more organic passive form. #1) Seymour Duncan SPH90-1 Phat Cat - As id like some P90 sounds #2) Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro - For something more bluesy #3) Seymour Duncan SH-2 Jazz Model - Something simmilar to my current 59' but a bit more bolder/hotter #4) Di Marzio D Activator - Simmilar to teh EMGs, but in a passive/more organic form #5) DiMarzio DP195B PAF Classic - for that classic PAF sound #6) Bare Knuckle Nailbomb Neck - Simple unadulteratated power & Performance #7) Rip out the current pickups and replace them with a set of BKP Miracle mans, keeping the Painkiller for something else. What should i go for??? So many options, not enough Imperium decision again.
tee5150ii

I vote DP195B PAF Classic and I'll write in the DiMarzio Humbucker From Hell on my ballot as well.

sirsloop

idk man... i swapped a 60 in the neck of my viper, did the 18V mod and its awesome.

IbaDavez

sell the painkiller to me and get a MM set... i would avoid the nailbomb, they are very hit and miss... they are either awsome in the guitar or terrible.. you could try a painkiller neck... or if you want something a bit more all around.. a blackdog neck

ESPimperium

I was thinking about the Cold Sweat neck, but i want a Alnico V neck pickup. Im thinking about a Alnico Painkiller neck or a MM neck after a couple of days thinking about it now.

JustinLevitt

The phat cat P90 in the neck position sounds amazing! I have one in a les paul shaped ESP and I can't get enough of it. 

whitzmusic

I'm also a fan of the Phat Cat. It's a very sensible option for people who don't have the option of going for traditional P90 pickups looking for a different sound. I use one on my EC-256 in the neck position as well.

Robin Y.

As the main caption here states New Neck Pickup For EC-1K Ideas so there are many who would like to see that for a good enough reason now. All of us will like https://multimedia-english.com/blog/what-is-an-argumentative-essay-how-do-you-write-one-74 that for learning reasons now. There are those who can see that and will be able to explore it for the rest of the community sooner or later as we are in need of that.

Shelly M.

It sounds like you're looking for a great all-around neck pickup that will provide you with a variety of tones. Depending on the style of music you play, any of the pickups you mentioned could work well. The Seymour Duncan SPH90-1 Phat Cat is great for a P90 sound, while the Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro is perfect for a bluesy sound. The Seymour Duncan SH-2 Jazz Model is a great choice if you want something similar to your current 59' but with a bit more punch. The DiMarzio D Activator is a great passive alternative to an EMG 60, and the DiMarzio DP195B PAF Classic will give you that classic PAF sound. Finally, the Bare Knuckle Nailbomb Neck is a great choice for unadulterated power and performance. Ultimately, it comes down to your own personal preference and what type of sound you're looking for.

Post to Thread