Sunset Custom Hollywood

Updated
Sunset Custom Hollywood

Does anybody here have any historical info at all on the ESP Sunset Custom shop in Hollywood? Thx a bunch!

Marvin G.

Marvin G.

You can come to Esp Guitar Co at 10913 Vanowen St, North Hollywood, CA 91605, Estados Unidos. You can call the shop and order via online.

flagle

Firewind66

Thx man. i'm trying to find historical info on the shop, like when it started building ESP, was it founded by ESP originally or was it some sort of partnership, just background of how it came about. All the info I could find comes down to pretty much a couple of sentences, Western sources indicate it started building mid 90's, Japanese sources say it started late 80's.

Joe W.
Firewind66 wrote:

Thx man. i'm trying to find historical info on the shop, like when it started building ESP, was it founded by ESP originally or was it some sort of partnership, just background of how it came about. All the info I could find comes down to pretty much a couple of sentences, Western sources indicate it started building mid 90's, Japanese sources say it started late 80's.

I worked at Guitar Center in 1991, which was across the street from ESP Sunset Customs. I purchased my Mirage Deluxe from that shop. I can't offer much info, but the store owner/manager was Jimbo, I can't recall Jim's last name. I was googling to find him when I found your post. I don't recall them making guitars at that shop, but it's been a while and I'm old. Bruce Kulick was in there pretty frequently, he may have info. I understand this isn't very helpful, but I was in there a lot, and wanted to offer you what I remember.

expcarry b.

Thanks Alot

Randall S.

Really glad to have found this thread. I have a sunburst Strat that I bought at Sunset Custom Guitars on Sunset Blvd in the early 90s. The salesman was Jimbo and my recollection is that he said it was made for them by ESP (although most of what I’ve found seems to connect Sunset Custom Guitars with Schecter). Other than switching the original off-white pickguard for a black one, I’ve never done any mods on it and it still plays well after all these years. I’m not at all interested in selling it, but would be curious of the estimated value and any other information. I can't seem to be able to post photos but it has the number “12019” embossed on the neck plate. 

Post to Thread