Serial Number Check?

Updated
Fiutem F.

K1249304

Hello all; would someone please let me know if this serial number is legitimate?

Do all signature series have the ESP logo on the back of the headstock?    This one does not, and I feel like I got the deal of a lifetime on it.

It feels great, has the certificate of authenticity, came in what appeared to be original packaging, has the logo on the case, and appears to have come from a legitimate dealer.  Am I just being paranoid, or am I in good shape?

Thanks to all; Happy Holidays

Pushead

Yep, it's real.  2003, looks in good shape.

Ilenia C.

I thought that too. But I was in a little doubt cause it weights a little less then my other eclipse. Thank you

Big Daddy B

I recently demoed one of these. The year was more recent, I want to say 2012 but I recall it was very light. Surprisingly light. Sounded good too. The body was very thin. Is it thinner than your other eclipse?

Pushead

I have a bunch of Eclipses, and they're all over the place, weight-wise.

Ilenia C.

No the body it's pretty similar. It's just a little weighter so since I bought some ago for a really good price a friend of mine started the doubt in me

I have another quick question about an old production 7 string horizon. A guy near me it's selling it at a good price and since i dont have any 7 (and che actual horizon 7 it's almost the double the price) I could consider to buy it.

But I'm not sure it's original, since I'm not expert of the old production. Where is the serial number?

The guy sent me just these 2 pics and as you can see isn't on the headstock. Plus he told me that he doesn't see it anywhere.

Thank you again  Last question, promise.

Pushead

Serial number should be on the headstock.  Any chance we can get more phots?  Looks like there might be an extra pot added.

Ilenia C.

These are all the pics I have. I can ask for more obviously and in case I will get in person. 

He also told me that he bought it from a local big store (one of the biggest of Italy) and also that he hasn't the original hardcase because the store didn't have it.

Pushead

Oh, it's a bolt-on.  It's older than I thought from the first photo.  There may be a serial number on the neck plate, but it wouldn't mean anything.  I don't know enough about the seven string guitars from this era (probably late 90s) to know if the mini-switch is stock or not, but I suspect not.

My biggest question is why the headstock color (a sparkle red?) doesn't match the body color.  Are those pickups labeled "Duncan Designed?"

Ilenia C.

Do you think headstock is another color? I thought was just the photo light. 

Duncan should be seymour duncan. 

Nathan S.

Hey Pus, do you think maybe this was an LTD and the headstock has had a repaint or restain to cover the LTD logo and put a ESP logo on?? The reason I ask is because of the "produced by ESP" on the back of the headstock. I don't think I have ever seen that on an actual ESP, only their sub brands.

Ilenia C.
Nathan S. wrote:

The reason I ask is because of the "produced by ESP" on the back of the headstock. I don't think I have ever seen that on an actual ESP, only their sub brands.

It's indeed what make me in alert mode (usually I don't doubt for every ltd or esp I bought xd)

Pushead

That's definitely part of it.

Daniele M.

Please help me I have a ESP ECLIPSE II VB SERIAL NUMBER  SS0630140

Where and When made?

thanks

Nathan S.

2006 standard series. Made in Japan. Let's see some pics.

ALLAN S.

I bought my Ltd EC 1000 in 2014 and have a locking tuner LTD, not ESP. Is it correct or fake?

Post to Thread